Selous Game Reserve is an immense area of protected wilderness that has remained untouched for thousands of years. Join us on this 3 days and 2 nights south Tanzania safari to Selous game reserve safari.
The Selous game reserve boasts Tanzania’s largest population of elephant as well as a large number of lions, leopard, African hunting dogs, buffalo and hippo. Species commonly seen are bushbuck, red and blue duikers, eland, hartebeest, hyena, giraffe, oryx, reedbuck, impala, waterbuck and zebra. The park has the most extensive diversity of safari activities ranging from Romantic Boat Safari along the Great Rufiji River, legendary fly camping trips, walking and compliment standard game driving in thriving wildlife areas.
While on this Selous safari, you can enjoy a variety of activities such as Boat safari thanks to the lakes and the Rufiji River and Drive safari. The Selous is also the biggest stronghold for wild dogs in Africa and surely one of the places where you would have more chances to stop them! The Selous is also the biggest stronghold for wild dogs in Africa and surely one of the places where you would have more chances to spot them!
- Mid-range tour: Uses accommodation located 6km outside the park.
- This tour starts and ends in Zanzibar.
- Activities: Game drives and boat safari
- Shared tour: This tour will be shared with other guests; exclusive private tours can be organised at extra cost.
- Departure/ Arrival: From Zanzibar at 06:00/07:35, arrival time in Selous at 06:30 / 08:20
- Departure/arrival: From Selous at 09:00, arrival time in Zanzibar at 10:30/11:20
Rates & Costs of this Selous Safari
|AFRICA SAFARI CAMP SELOUS||SELOUS SAFARI LODGE||NYERERE TENTED CAMP||SELOUS KINGA LODGE||GAME DRIVE 6-8 Hours|
Day 1 – Zanzibar to Selous – Full-Day Game Viewing
In the morning, you will start your safari in Zanzibar, flying in a light aircraft to the Selous, one of Africa’s most significant game reserves. On arrival at Mtemere airstrip, you will be met by our driver guide for greetings and a briefing about your tour plan.
Game drives are the best way to explore more giant games, including Predators. In addition, the Selous is home to the largest population of wild dogs in Africa, which are a real highlight if you are lucky enough to encounter a pack.
You will start game drives with picnic lunches until late in the evening. Then, you will return to the camp and relax in the fire bonfire, dinner and overnight.
Day 2 – Sunrise Boat Safari – Departure to Zanzibar
Wake up for early morning breakfast followed by departure for a sunrise boat safari along the great Rufiji River. The boat safari is a superb way to explore, watch the wildlife come to the water’s edge to drink and get close to bird colonies, hippos and crocodiles.
After one hour and thirty minutes, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Zanzibar.
- Return flight from Zanzibar.
- Airstrip transfers
- All specified accommodation
- All activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Safari vehicle
- All meals – (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Bottled water, all soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- Park fees
- English-speaking driver-guide
- Airport transfers
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips – (Tipping highly recommended)
- Personal items – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees
Terms & Conditions
Packages available 1 week in advance of booking date and are non-refundable. Please do note this package is subject to flight and accommodation availability. Do ensure to inquire about children’s policy. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Inquire now on our bookings page for more information