- Mid-range tour: Uses accommodation located 10km outside the park.
- This tour starts and ends in Zanzibar.
- Activities: 2 Game drives and Masai Boma Cultural Tour
- Shared tour: This tour will be shared with other guests; exclusive private tours can be organised at extra cost.
- Departure/ Arrival: From Zanzibar at 07:00, arrival time in Mikumi at 08:00
- Departure/arrival: From Mikumi at 16:00, arrival time in Zanzibar at 17:00
Rates & Costs of this Mikumi Safari
|CAMP BASTIAN||VUMA HILLS CAMP|
|ADULT||$ 900||$ 1000|
|CHILD||$ 800||$ 860|
|1-2 YEARS||FREE||NOT ALLOWED|
Day 1 – Zanzibar to Mikumi – Game Viewing & Masai Boma Cultural Tour
In the morning, you will start your safari in Zanzibar, flying in a light aircraft to the Mikumi; On arrival at Kikoboga Airstrip, you will be met by our driver guide for greetings and a briefing about your day trip tour plan.
Directly you will start a game drive touring the game-rich and favourite part of Mikumi, the Mkata flood plains. The plain is very famous for its concentrations, abundant and excellent sightings of wildlife. Ideally, it is home to large herds of Elephants, Buffaloes, Zebras, wildebeest, hyenas, Leopards and Lions.
During noontime, you will have a lunch break, whereby hot lunch will be served; afterwards, you will proceed with your journey exploring the Mikumi. Later drive out of the park to visit the Masai Boma. You will typically learn their totality way of life, enrich your knowledge and enjoy the entertainment provided by the Masai community who migrated from the northern part of Tanzania; afterwards, you will go to the camp for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 2 – On Safari in Mikumi – Departure to Zanzibar
After early breakfast, you depart for a full day viewing the park, visiting various areas. The park has a fashionable centrepiece, “the Mkata flood plains”, which draws frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains. You can spot lions surveying their grassy kingdom and the Zebra, Wildebeest, Impala and Buffalo herds that migrate across it from the flattened tops of termite mounds or, sometimes, during the rains, from perches high in the trees.
During noontime, you will have a stop-hot lunch; after that, you will proceed with your journey exploring the Mikumi centrepiece, the famous Hippo pool, whereby wildlife, including elephants and lions, come to drink water.
Later, you will drive enroute to the airstrip for your scheduled flight back to Zanzibar after you have had an awe-inspiring day trip experience of a lifetime.
- Return flight from Zanzibar.
- Airstrip transfers
- All specified accommodation
- All activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Safari vehicle
- All meals – (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Bottled water, all soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- Park fees
- English-speaking driver-guide
- Airport transfers
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips – (Tipping highly recommended)
- Personal items – (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government-imposed increase of taxes and park fees
Terms & Conditions
This Trip to Mikumi reserve can be booked 1 day in advance. Do ensure to inquire about children’s policy. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Inquire now on our bookings page for more information